CodeJIKA – Helping schools teach coding
Our Goal is to build a vibrant eco-system of student-run coding clubs in secondary schools throughout Africa
CodeJIKA has 3 Pillars:
- Eco-system of student-run coding clubs.
- An online platform to learn coding online for FREE.
- A media campaign to advocate coding in every
How coding clubs benefit the school:
1. SCHOOL BENEFITS:
- Join a Network of forward-thinking Schools teaching code.
- Students take part in awards and win prizes.
- Excitement and school innovation increases.
2. LEARNER BENEFITS:
- Learners take responsibility for the club and lab.
- Career Opportunities post graduation.
- Girls coding and pursuing STEM.
- Rocketing coding Superstars.
3. ACADEMIC BENEFITS:
- Pass rates increase on CAT.
- Enrollment rates increase on CAT.
- Dropout rates decrease on CAT.
- ICT comprehension and sophistication increases.
- School’s confidence to offer the CAT elective increases.